Go to footer

Skip to content

Best job for an Anarchist

If you're new to Anarchism or just have a general question this is your place. Low key, no heavy theory; welcome newbies and guest posts.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Re: Best job for an Anarchist

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:34 pm

I personally have taken a job as a lifeguard. The pay is good, the hours are good, and it is a job that gives incentive to staying fit and knowing how to give medical aid. Free or discounted lessons in all kinds of first aid (wilderness, lifeguarding courses, etc.) are always being offered to employees. If you work at a pool instead of beach, oftentimes you get free access to all the facilities. And, so long as you have a copy of your certification, you can get a job lifeguarding pretty much anywhere. This can be useful to those who move around a lot. I realise that none of this is specific to anarchism, but a fairly fulfilling job with lots of benefits that is not difficult to get seems like the kind of job anyone would want, even an anarchist.

Postby Zazaban » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:24 pm

I forget if I've posted in here before, but either some kind of artist, or a teacher.

Or, whatever you enjoy most, really.
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
"Greed in its fullest sense is the only possible basis of communist society."
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Maggot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Zazaban wrote:Or, whatever you enjoy most, really.
I agree with that part.
Maggot
Denizen

Postby Tiecuando » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:02 am

Artist of some sort? Drug dealer is a good one, or gun runner.
Tiecuando
Swivel-Hips

Postby Sylum » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Just do what you want (or need) to do, that's part of being an anarchist.
People shouldn't give other people shit about their jobs...unless it's extremely counter intuitive (police officer, military, etc)

Personally, I'm aiming for animation. 3D, maybe 2D...
Just because that's one of my passions
Sylum
Swivel-Hips

Postby Guernica » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Bakunin-Kropotkin wrote:Before I start I am asking the Class Struggle Anarchists not Individualists. What is the best job for an Anarchist to have? Should we by duty earn a humble wage and live a humble life or do you think it is ok to live a lavish life yet still call yourself a Social Anarchist. I agree more with the former.

I wish I had a choice!
Guernica
Swivel-Hips

Postby Maggot » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:49 am

Guernica wrote:
Bakunin-Kropotkin wrote:Before I start I am asking the Class Struggle Anarchists not Individualists. What is the best job for an Anarchist to have? Should we by duty earn a humble wage and live a humble life or do you think it is ok to live a lavish life yet still call yourself a Social Anarchist. I agree more with the former.

I wish I had a choice!
What do you mean? Of course you have a choice.
Maggot
Denizen

Postby Guernica » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:24 am

Maggot wrote:
Guernica wrote:

I wish I had a choice!
What do you mean? Of course you have a choice.

No. Not really. I don't have the choice to live a ''lavish lifestyle''. If someone is debating on whether to be rich or not to be rich then most likely they ARE rich, and have the means to live a ''humble life'' with the safety net there at all times. I myself don't have this choice. So I ask, what do YOU mean?
Guernica
Swivel-Hips

Postby Maggot » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Well, you could work at an independent record label for example. That job pays pretty well.
Maggot
Denizen

Postby Guernica » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:33 am

Maggot wrote:Well, you could work at an independent record label for example. That job pays pretty well.

I have a job that pays "pretty well". I don't care about that. My point was that this character coming on here asking what the best job for an anarchist should be obviously doesn't live in the real world where people take whatever work they can get.
Guernica
Swivel-Hips

Postby Maggot » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:41 am

Yeah, well a lot of people actually don't have jobs doing what they're passionate about. Myself, I just started an underground record label called Twisted Metal Records (named after the video game series Twisted Metal. It's in my uncle's house where I live and is more of a recording studio than a label since all I have is Pro Tools.
Maggot
Denizen

Postby Guernica » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Maggot wrote:Yeah, well a lot of people actually don't have jobs doing what they're passionate about. Myself, I just started an underground record label called Twisted Metal Records (named after the video game series Twisted Metal. It's in my uncle's house where I live and is more of a recording studio than a label since all I have is Pro Tools.

That's cool. Hope it works out. I play in a band and I suppose if I could make enough money to survive doing it, I would.
Guernica
Swivel-Hips

Postby Maggot » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:18 am

What kind of music does your band play?
Maggot
Denizen

Postby Agent472 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Animal Product Free Gumbo Ze Herbs Stands and The Replacement of Fast Food Sturctures With Small Dance Floors...

Imagine your self there in the Drive Thru as a DJ...

oh and there is definately more fun in no totalitarianism if you want there to be more of a party...

and before you loose yourself in all the pure sugar cane candy remember the *confusion* (compound) free Rapid Eye Technology to get you back into yourself with help needed under stress...

Not to mention the fact that after all that socializing with Gumbo Ze Herbs you will be manuvreing about a bit less courteously....and so you may need something like Tea and APC vinegar basis water beverages for fat dispersal and replacement.
Agent472

Postby lucas_2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:27 am

It is good that you have already decided your goal towards career. Do whatever but be careful and always make right decisions. I'll be happy if you let me know where I can find startup jobs candidates.
lucas_2

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Anarchism 101