Go to footer

Skip to content

Is anger a sign of righteousness?

Philosophy: you need it.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Postby coberst » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Webster informs us that righteous is “acting in accord with divine or moral law”.

We often see US citizens, in our streets and byways, expressing their anger at certain actions taken by our government. On occasion this anger is directed at Big Bankers or some other group but generally it is directed at some action of government institutions.

“I’m mad and I won’t take it anymore” seems to be the general attitude often displayed by these demonstrators. I have concluded that most people identify the connection of anger to an argument signifies the righteousness of the argument and the person making the argument. Perhaps this is because anger often accompanies the pronouncements of preachers, priests, imams, rabies, and talk show hosts.

Do you think that anger necessarily signifies righteousness?

Do you think that anger signifies righteousness; but only for those protests for which you agree?
coberst
Denizen

Re: Is anger a sign of righteousness?

Postby Maggot » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:44 pm

I think it can be a sign of righteousness, just not all the time. For example, two guys fight outside (or inside) a bar. Is their anger a sign of righteousness? No, they are just two drunken idiots either fighting near pool tables or out in the street. Times where anger can be a sign of righteousness is during protests, demonstrations, riots, etc. Other than that, no.
Maggot
Denizen

Postby sputnik » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Anger is often a symptom of frustration.
The inability to express a clear line of argument against a percieved injustice can result in anger but equally a clearly expressed argument which is ignored or misunderstood can too.
Anger isn't really indicative of the merit or otherwise of the angry it just shows a relative commitment to a desired end. The end could be utterly trivial and self-serving or of widespread significance selflessly pursued.
sputnik

Postby manee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Thanks, in advance, for any info.

ร่วมเล่นสนุกๆไปกับพวกเรา ได้ที่นี่ คาสิโนออนไลน์
manee

Postby erindominick » Thu May 05, 2016 3:39 am

Indignation is mind boggling, real and passionate reaction. Indeed, even before you start to yell, hit or shout your body capacities changes definitely. Your cerebrum goes into emergency mode and discharges intense chemicals, advising your body to get ready for assault. Cheap Essays Help. Your circulatory strain soars, your heart rate quickly increments and the greater part of the blood is coordinated toward pointless substantial procedures. Your vision hones and your body actually gets ready for the fight to come.
erindominick

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:10 am

Great blog indeed..! I found some interesting articles which I like it very much. Help With Essay Writing for University I am hoping to see some more articles on this blog.

Postby Rahulji » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:07 am

The beginning players of the xbox 360 console games are rivaling head to head today, just because they have been provided with free xbox live . These codes have been created by the Microsoft to give privilege to some special people or celebrities of the world. But these codes have been leaked and we have collected these codes and now they are made available for free to you.
Rahulji

Postby daviddickerson » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:21 am

I have no opinion that anger is a sign of righteousness. Some times some people making angry on something to change the subject. They will be involved in a fault. But they were not agree with the subject. So they were taking an idea to make angry on something to become a good person in front of others. There are lots of people who become angry due to mental problems. They may feeling shame on their weight. That is why i suggest them Ayurveda weight loss Treatment Kerala . They can reduce their weight with best treatments.
daviddickerson
Swivel-Hips

Postby misptinclagot1988 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:06 am

Depends on a certain situation. Some times people become angry when other don't believe in their truth and dismiss. Sometimes they become anger when other just don't understand their point of view. But as for me, last time I became anger when writers from My Paper Writer review filed my academic research.
misptinclagot1988
Swivel-Hips

Postby HenryWeston » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:30 am

However, anger can also be a secondary emotion. Many people particularly males are trained to accept the feeling of anger, but not to accept the feelings that may have preceded it; such as feelings of hurt, fear, or vulnerability. Dissertation Help
HenryWeston

Postby Mark Hammes » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:19 am

Well such a nice blog is this and I found some good information on it. The discussion is really worthy on it.

Logodesigncafe | Logodesigncafe.com
Mark Hammes

Postby TheodoreLester » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 am

There are many ways to be on time with everything on the modern world. Writing services resource is one of them. On an writing platform you can book every a term paper, research paper or thesis on every subject. It will be finished exacutly on time! Check it here.
TheodoreLester

Postby oli » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:29 am

My friend mentioned to me your website, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more
do my finance assignment
oli

Postby Brandydy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:03 am

You need to learn a lot of interesting and helpful stuff on such topics at http://goldessayclub.com/
Brandydy

Postby samvila » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 am

I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. Thank for sharing!
happy wheels
happy wheels demo
five nights at freddy's
geometry dash
samvila
Swivel-Hips

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Philosophy