Go to footer

Skip to content

Anarchy In Space

No-particular-theme discussion board.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Re: Anarchy In Space

Postby Zazaban » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:22 am

Per request, this is getting stickied. I am going to soon email Pom about getting a anarchist tech forum, which this will be moved to if it happens.
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
"Greed in its fullest sense is the only possible basis of communist society."
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Zazaban » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Well, this is anticlimatic.
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby AndyMalroes » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:13 pm

And How! Where the fuck's |Y|?
How long do you think we can have a free and democratic society if we insist on maintaining totalitarian systems in our companies? We must have freedom for individuals and organizations to grow and to realize their potentials.
(Delmar Landen, Head of Organisational Development at General Motors, 1981)
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby thelastindividual » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:14 pm

AndyMalroes wrote:And How! Where the fuck's |Y|?

He said he was going away for a while, I hope he's all right.
"Well, judging by his outlandish attire, he's some sort of free thinking anarchist." - C.M Burns

"Property is theft right? Therefore theft is property. Therefore this ship is mine" - Zaphod Beeblebrox
thelastindividual
Zen Master

Postby AndyMalroes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:40 pm

How long do you think we can have a free and democratic society if we insist on maintaining totalitarian systems in our companies? We must have freedom for individuals and organizations to grow and to realize their potentials.
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby Zazaban » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 am

They're making progress on warp drive. It's been figured out that warping can be accomplished by manipulating the 11th dimension.
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Tsukae » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Read this entire thread and decided I'm getting some scientists and going out to live on the Atlantic. Seriously though, how plausible is any of this? I would love if some collective gathered the resources and people needed to make this a reality, but I don't see that happening.. :(
"Free love? as if love is anything but free. Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love." - Emma Goldman
Tsukae
Denizen

Postby AndyMalroes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:46 pm

I think it's more plausible in an anarchist society than capitalism, seriously most of our scientists are working on hair regrowth and prolonging erections because that's where the money is.
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby Tsukae » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:55 pm

AndyMalroes wrote:I think it's more plausible in an anarchist society than capitalism, seriously most of our scientists are working on hair regrowth and prolonging erections because that's where the money is.

That's true. Those seem a little less important than curing diseases and advancing humanity. haha.
"Free love? as if love is anything but free. Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love." - Emma Goldman
Tsukae
Denizen

Postby AndyMalroes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:15 am

Now if someone could figure out how to expand and contract space, we'd be set!
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby Zazaban » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 am

AndyMalroes wrote:Now if someone could figure out how to expand and contract space, we'd be set!

I believe the Casmir effect can induce something like that. I attempted to look into the thing, but like I said, 11th-dimension, and then it started getting into supergravity (yes, there's a supergravity) and my head started hurting.

I'm actually pretty good with physics, I can understand string theory, so I'm working on it.
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby AndyMalroes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:38 pm

If they could figure out how, theoretically the casimir effect could stabilise worm holes. I think that would be freakin awesome! Alternate dimensions, time travel or just instant travel across the universe.

From what I understood from the wikipedia page, the casimir effect could also create the bubble needed in the alcubiere drive. I don't think it can contract space though. (where is |Y| when you need him!) Apparently they could use "dark energy" (which supposedly is the cause of the mass expansion of the universe (still happening I'm pretty sure) if they could harness that we could have FTL travel...But while capatalists and statists are in power the funds won't get there. *sigh*
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby Yarrow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:50 am

this thread fills me with wonder and joy. thank you for all being so great.

http://flag.blackened.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75105&start=60

|Y| wrote:Mmm, the starburst image has a nice spacey feel to it. Anarchy in Space baby!
Yarrow
Denizen

The Thread of Love and All Things Awesome!

Postby AndyMalroes » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:30 am

I think this should be renamed to "The Thread of Love and All Things Awesome!"

It's just such a great thread, I love you guys! :cry:

AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby AndyMalroes » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 pm

The Japanese have devised a way to extract uranium from sea water (without large energy intensive industrial suction stations). You lower canisters of uranium attracting compounds and after a few months you have yellowcake. It's rather novel. So there's your fuel.

I just read through this thread again and I was wondering, what the hell attracts Uranium? Or will I have to wait till |Y| comes back. I miss him. :(
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion