Go to footer

Skip to content

Hating all cops?

No-particular-theme discussion board.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Hating all cops?

Postby anarcho2narco » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 pm

What I want to ask some of you out there is, do all of you hate the police? For example, I am not a big fan of the police myself, I don't believe somebody should tell me what I can or cannot do, especially if it's something minor, such as, oh i don't know, walking somewhere. I also don't like how we have to be kiss-asses to them just so they don't give us a ticket for something. I believe the police have too much power for one person to carry and with that much power "I am the law!" will be springing up. However. There are policemen I respect. I respect those who can do their jobs, and not destroy tiny freedoms people can have. Like I have no problem with a police officer stopping someone on the road who is driving like i don't know, 80 miles on a 45 mph road (I'm making up numbers on the top of my head here) and giving him a ticket to think about cuz he possibly could have hurt somebody, or stopping a drunk driver or is willing to put his life on the line for his community. BUT I disslike cops that look down on you for not saying "Sir" or chews his gum really loudly or is just sitting in a location and not doing shit while he could be helping people out. Like giving someone tickets or bringing them down to the station over a tiny misunderstanding. The Law is the law, and nobody is above, especially the police.

How about you guys? Do you hate ALL cops or just those few?

*Please no shit here like "Oh you are pro- police, you aren't an anarchist!" type of crap, i'm asking a serious question. This is my stand, I don't mind cops that actually do their job and live up the people's expectations, but I hate the corrupt.

your turn
anarcho2narco
Swivel-Hips

Re: Hating all cops?

Postby Zazaban » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 am

I more or less agree with that.
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
"Greed in its fullest sense is the only possible basis of communist society."
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Toast » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:40 am

Police suck in my opinion. If there is ever a fight at school they just start spraying mace everywhere, you'll get maced just for being close to the fight.
Toast
Swivel-Hips

Postby Noleaders » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:43 am

I think the police as an institution is corrupt and has far too much power with very little accountability, as individuals however some police are alright and provide a useful service that will continue under anarchy but based on voluntary association.
The Anarchists are simply unterrified Jeffersonian Democrats. They believe that 'the best government is that which governs least,' and that which governs least is no government at all.
Noleaders
Zen Master

Postby coup-detat » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 pm

I hate most police. I'm on good terms with a few. When I was in handcuffs once, they lit a cigarette for me (I smoked at the time) and smoked one themselves. But for the most part the personality type that being a cop attracts are just dicks. They just want power and respect, but in the stupidest of ways.
"Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is a revolution." ~Subcomandante Marcos
"Just because I'm an anarchist doesn't mean I won't burn a black flag." ~Johnny Hobo & the Frieght Trains
coup-detat
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:20 pm

coup-detat wrote:But for the most part the personality type that being a cop attracts are just dicks. They just want power and respect, but in the stupidest of ways.

I agree. But there is a small minority that truly wishes to do good, misguided as they are.
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Saturninee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Police officers take on their said job for two reasons; they genuinely want to help people; or they enjoy the power their position holds. But then, you may wonder which reason is the most common reason.

Well, I personally think it's the latter. They obtain the job for the power that they grasp onto, and get off on it. While, then theirs people who become and officer with the genuine intent of helping others, but can sometimes degrade into power control.

For instance, in my town a lot of the cops tend to get people for things that aren't even illegal in our area just because they can. One of my friends got his skateboard confiscated from him because he was skating... in his own driveway. This is just absurd.

So, my answer is that I hate most cops. I've met a few in my day who are very well mannered, nice, and into the job because they like to serve and protect, but then you can even divide them up even further onto the reasons why they server and protect. But that's something else completely.

But, even though I don't hate all cops, I still have distrust in all cops. Because their still only human, and whats stopping them from coming into work from a bad day, and deciding to take it out on public.
Saturninee

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Good movie on police corruption called Serpico (1973 made)

"The true story about an honest New York cop who blew the whistle on rampant corruption in the force only to have his comrades turn against him."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070666/

Postby shinyyy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:39 am

How does the saying go?

Some men have large penises. Others like badges.
shinyyy
Swivel-Hips

Postby Yarrow » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

police are just humyns trying to fit into an anti-humyn society. like the rest of us, they take advantages when they can.

don't hate the player, hate the game. having said that, you can always politely say to a cop, 'no offence- but i have no wish to associate with someone from your profession'.

ps- what is a phalocracia?
Yarrow
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:41 pm

Just put Variagil on your foe list, s/he never, ever posts anything productive.
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby jack » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Yarrow wrote:police are just humyns trying to fit into an anti-humyn society. like the rest of us, they take advantages when they can.

don't hate the player, hate the game. having said that, you can always politely say to a cop, 'no offence- but i have no wish to associate with someone from your profession'.

ps- what is a phalocracia?

"humyn" and other assorted fake words are stupid as hell. What the fuck is offensive about "man" when it refers to our fucking species you PC liberal twat?

Sorry, that shit just pisses me off.
jack
Denizen

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:07 pm

I hate most cops. I understand that some probably have good intentions and aint all bad. But, most of the cops I've known personally are barely likable dicks even when they aren't on the clock. I can only imagine how they behave while they are.

Postby patrickhenry » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:28 pm

I think through biological evolution certain humans have hire levels of testasterone creating what are cops..kinda like bull-sharks. High levels of testasterone make them more agressive.
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby thelastindividual » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:26 am

I don't hate on the police. My uncle was a cop so it'd pretty silly of me to blithely dismiss most of the police force. That said I do think the way they are currently organised is fascistesque in that they break up protests and generally only answer to the higher ups rather than being answerable to the community which is what I imagine would happen under anarchism
"Well, judging by his outlandish attire, he's some sort of free thinking anarchist." - C.M Burns

"Property is theft right? Therefore theft is property. Therefore this ship is mine" - Zaphod Beeblebrox
thelastindividual
Zen Master

Next

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion