Go to footer

Skip to content

Flag Forum Requests

No-particular-theme discussion board.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Flag Forum Requests

Postby Canteloupe » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 pm

I gather there are several requests for changes, improvements, etc., being floated and tossed about. Please articulate, amalgamate, or combine your requests here. Thanks.

Duh management.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence. — Bertrand Russell

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. — H.L. Mencken
Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Re: Flag Forum Requests

Postby thelastindividual » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Hello :D

This all started with Zazaban and coup-detat requesting custom user titles (Instead of ones based on how many posts you've made). I guess that'd be first on the list
"Well, judging by his outlandish attire, he's some sort of free thinking anarchist." - C.M Burns

"Property is theft right? Therefore theft is property. Therefore this ship is mine" - Zaphod Beeblebrox
thelastindividual
Zen Master

Postby Noleaders » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:31 pm

Also we had the idea of giving some/all the regulars admin powers cos most of the admins seem to have left (or are remaining v. quiet) and we've had trouble with morons spamming and trolling the board.
Plus i had the idea of making a section for articles.
The Anarchists are simply unterrified Jeffersonian Democrats. They believe that 'the best government is that which governs least,' and that which governs least is no government at all.
Noleaders
Zen Master

Postby Canteloupe » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 pm

thelastindividual wrote:Hello :D

This all started with Zazaban and coup-detat requesting custom user titles (Instead of ones based on how many posts you've made). I guess that'd be first on the list

Okay. These would be titles for ranks. The default is by number of posts. A special rank can be set that can be assigned to one or more users on request. They would need to indicate what titles they wished to associate with their user names. Requests for titles should be made here for the time being.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence. — Bertrand Russell

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. — H.L. Mencken
Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby Canteloupe » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:20 pm

Noleaders wrote:Also we had the idea of giving some/all the regulars admin powers cos most of the admins seem to have left (or are remaining v. quiet) and we've had trouble with morons spamming and trolling the board.

Who wants to be a moderator? The nominees would have to be cleared by the site administrator.

Regarding the articles section, could you be more specific? Did you simply want a forum added to General Discussion called Articles?

Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby Canteloupe » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:22 pm

Btw, a link at the top of the forums called "What's New" has been added. This takes you to a list of the latest posts.

Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby Zazaban » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Canteloupe wrote:
Noleaders wrote:Also we had the idea of giving some/all the regulars admin powers cos most of the admins seem to have left (or are remaining v. quiet) and we've had trouble with morons spamming and trolling the board.

Who wants to be a moderator? The nominees would have to be cleared by the site administrator.

You should probably read: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76082

Glad to see you're not dead. :D
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
"Greed in its fullest sense is the only possible basis of communist society."
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby patrickhenry » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm

so who wants to throw some names out there for a moderator?
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby patrickhenry » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 pm

I would say we need one from the left and one from the right to keep it balanced in here 8)
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:56 pm

Me and Noleaders?

I figure I'd do well because I'm online all the time, every day. Noleaders is the most prominent market guy here.
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby patrickhenry » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:59 pm

your fine Zaz...I also like shawnpwilbur..Noleader?? I like him but he may be a bit controversial :lol:
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby patrickhenry » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:01 pm

can't forget our boy |Y| 8)
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:03 pm

patrickhenry wrote:your fine Zaz...I also like shawnpwilbur..Noleader?? I like him but he may be a bit controversial :lol:

As long as he doesn't ban anyone for disagreeing with him, I doubt he could be more controversial than ambi (who got it simply by demanding it, as far as I know).

And Y used to be a mod, but he requested to not be anymore. Unless everybody was made admin per the proposal, I doubt he'd want to. Could be wrong, though.
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby patrickhenry » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:05 pm

I guess we could start a thread to take votes after everyone says yea or nea..
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:08 pm

Okay, sure. Taking votes of specific people, or on the proposal? Or both?
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Next

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion