Go to footer

Skip to content

Flag Forum Requests

No-particular-theme discussion board.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Re: Flag Forum Requests

Postby Canteloupe » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:59 am

Please do not post emails here without permission from the user whose email you want to post. Thanks.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence. — Bertrand Russell

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. — H.L. Mencken
Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby AndyMalroes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:12 am

Anyone can see it anyway he sends emails to everyone as well as putting a link to it when posting as a guest. I'll keep it in mind for next time.
How long do you think we can have a free and democratic society if we insist on maintaining totalitarian systems in our companies? We must have freedom for individuals and organizations to grow and to realize their potentials.
(Delmar Landen, Head of Organisational Development at General Motors, 1981)
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby Canteloupe » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:29 am

AndyMalroes wrote:Anyone can see it anyway he sends emails to everyone as well as putting a link to it when posting as a guest. I'll keep it in mind for next time.
No problem. It's only an implicit policy. One way to have avoided publicizing the email would've been to pm Zaz the info.
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence. — Bertrand Russell

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. — H.L. Mencken
Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby AndyMalroes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Ok
How long do you think we can have a free and democratic society if we insist on maintaining totalitarian systems in our companies? We must have freedom for individuals and organizations to grow and to realize their potentials.
(Delmar Landen, Head of Organisational Development at General Motors, 1981)
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby patrickhenry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Canteloupe-I always use the active topic link on here and for some reason since the change nothing comes up? could you look into it? thanks :D
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby jack » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 pm

patrickhenry wrote:Canteloupe-I always use the active topic link on here and for some reason since the change nothing comes up? could you look into it? thanks :D

This, and I miss the old format...
jack
Denizen

Postby Canteloupe » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:07 pm

jack wrote:
patrickhenry wrote:Canteloupe-I always use the active topic link on here and for some reason since the change nothing comes up? could you look into it? thanks :D

This, and I miss the old format...

Yo Patrick,

I see it on the Board Index page where seems most meaningful:

View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics

Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby patrickhenry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Yo Patrick,

I know it's there. It doesn't work. I click on it and nothing comes up. try it.
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Canteloupe » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:34 pm

patrickhenry wrote:
Yo Patrick,

I see what you mean. This probably has something to do with the recent upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6. I'm looking into this. There's another issue with the software being addressed as well that affects anonymous posting, etc.

Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby dinsdale » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Testing...
dinsdale

Postby Jawn Disease » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 am

Last edited by Jawn Disease on Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jawn Disease
Denizen

Postby dinsdale » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:10 am

Glad to hear it. We aims to please.
dinsdale

Postby Canteloupe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Canteloupe wrote:
patrickhenry wrote:
Yo Patrick,

I see what you mean. This probably has something to do with the recent upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6. I'm looking into this. There's another issue with the software being addressed as well that affects anonymous posting, etc.

Right, let's see if it's working now.

Canteloupe
Thomas Paine

Postby patrickhenry » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:43 pm

now thats what I'm talking about! Thanks Canteloupe :D
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 am

fwiw, the new forum theme is the reason that i, the most active 'guest' over the last several months, have been awol. it's intolerable. first i went into firefox and disallowed pages to set colors, which helped, but the avatars and shit were still on the wrong side, as though the site were in arabic (ever seen one of those sites with the scollbars on the left? lol). insufferable!

but since i'm generally disliked i guess the theme change is for the good of the forum in that respect.

p.s fuck you, whoever changed it. :-)

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion