Go to footer

Skip to content

What is anarchism today?

No-particular-theme discussion board.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

What is anarchism today?

Postby MarianEggleston » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:07 am

suggest anarchists find a better word to use instead of trying to rewrite its meaning. The Greek meaning is "without a ruler", and while I understand this to mean "without being ruled" by anarchists, the meaning is not the same and indeed, what is proposed by them is to not have any guiding principles or standards of behavior that all are to live by but rather are negotiated on a person by person basis.

This is the failure of Western culture as a whole and the Greeks in particular, where they see the individual as the base unit of society rather than the family. It is the family where everything begins for everyone and every family has at least some rules to live by. And thus, by extension, will govern our relations with neighbors and the community in which they live.

The idea of democracy, of people power, is a much better frame to work with than thinking we don't need to answer to anyone for what we do except as negotiated in contract with the other party when I write my essay today. We are far to mobile a society today to have to do this anytime we travel outside our home.
MarianEggleston
Swivel-Hips

Re: What is anarchism today?

Postby amour » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:09 am

[url=http://www.jmrouge.fr/]JMRouge.fr[/url] est un site professionnle de robe de cérémonie pas cher. Notre mission est d'apporter des robes magnifiques, décontractés et glamour au monde, inspirés d'une ère véritablement dorée.
amour

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion